Interesting food here. Loving the Pho Bo, ( a really fragrant Beef noodle soup, with lots of chilli and herbs) but also a fantastic chance to try some more "out there" dishes. Above is a plate of Ducks Tongues! Can't really recommend them to be honest!
In this restaurant they also serve Ducks Embryos, from the egg. Haven't managed to find the strength to try this yet, probably just need more beer. But they have feathers and everything! Who thought that was a good idea? Really! Did have Thousand year old eggs though which were OK. Very Rich. They store these underground in clay pots for several months, essentially the eggs rot and seperate. Then turn Black. The fat seperates as a Jelly, like aspic. 2 was my limit of these. They are eaten Raw! I didn't get sick, Bonus!
Probably eating more frogs here than anything else. Check these Chaps out below. This was a water front restaurant in District 4 (a fairly poor area) where you could order all types of Snakes, Goanna and other lizards to eat. Only place I've had frogs so far, whole and with the skin still on. They were really good. And they really don't taste like chicken! They taste like grilled whole frog!
Cheers
Colin

1 comment:
Have tried the Duck eggs at a
Asian Party Night. Was not pissed, should have been.
At first I thought I'll just chuck it in the bin. But when I looked up
the whole room was waiting for me to eat it, so I did,did'nd taste to bad.Then a guy cam up to me, slapped
me on the back and said- gee man you are supposed to pull the feathers off first. Cheers Jukebox
Post a Comment